The Controller (Region) drives operating performance and improves organizational processes in order to execute the defined growth plans. The focus is directed to profitability and operational growths as well as ensuring on time and accurate reporting of the Region consolidated actual performance, forecasts and targets whilst supporting the operations with analysis, advise and tools to optimize performance.
This position requires fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish. Our manufacturing site is in Brazil and the professional will be require to travel on a regular basis between the commercial units and the manufacturing site. It also requires a strong knowledge of the IFRS and USA GAAP - Brazilian legislation and experience in Capital Equipment industry.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Controlling, Accounting, Tax, Corporate Finance, Audit, Compliance, Legal and ICT;
- Provide Finance leadership and business partnership to the Regional VP;
- Define the relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure a successful work environment, ensuring a profitability analysis on product and client basis;
- Optimize the finance system so that reporting is transparent and available on time, ensuring a continuous cash flow planning;
- Guarantee adequate and timely reporting, creating an effective planning (finance and budget planning) to ensure that organizational goals are achieved;
- Provide cost transparency for the VP Region, Top Management and Department Heads.
- Drive financial performance improvement initiatives throughout business (cost reduction, asset management, capital efficiency, productivity, etc.);
- View the business from the perspective of multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities and drive actions;
- Secure an optimized overall cash-flow and optimization of the working capital;
- Drive profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics whilst advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions;
- Coordinate internal and external financial audits for the business and ensuring all legal, tax, and IFRS and local GAAP requirements are met;
- Uphold integrity throughout all processes, policies and practices, by ensuring appropriate communication and prioritization of related activities;
- Anticipate market developments/external trends, staying ahead of competitors and market to build effective solutions;
- Leverage strategic customer/partner relationships;
- Build a sustainable organizational structure and gain a deep understanding of the Hyva’s supply- and value-chain;
- Ensure global compliance with accounting standards and guidelines across the operations, financial disclosure and budgetary reporting requirements;
- Create a culture where organizational simplicity and efficiency is a key business imperative;
- Effectively build, manage and motivate a team of finance professionals, and create a culture of development and learning;
- Responsible as a process owner (see appendix);
- Consolidate on-time reporting of the Region for actual, forecast and target results;
- Follow up, analyze and set clear explanations and comments regarding Region actual results, forecasts and targets;
- Perform profitability analysis, prepare and validate business cases and investment proposals;
- Serve as contact person for regional responsible compliance for Anti-Bribery and Anti- Corruption Issues.
- Educational Level: Master Degree (MBA, preferred) Level
- Professional Experience: 12+ years of relevant experience
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application. The fields with * are mandatory.