Embedded Systems Architect
Hyva is looking for an Embedded Systems Architect.
This position is responsible for the oversight of both target and transition architectures and ensuring adherence to the architectural principles and boundaries. Driving architectural harmonization and consolidation where possible. Working closely with suppliers and internal R&D teams to develop the best solution for our customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Define target and transitional architecture for all embedded systems across HYVA in line with business, technical and regulatory requirements.
- Drive harmonization, together with R&D and procurement organizations for embedded hardware, software platforms, sensors and actuators.
- Manage and develop a road map for the embedded system architecture.
- Work with R&D (electronic engineers, software developers) in departments in design decisions with regards to embedded systems. Setting up required design reviews.
- Ensure architectures are compliant with relevant regulatory aspects for the individual applications.
- Contact for embedded system integration projects towards other systems in an eco-system (for example truck can-bus).
Education and experience
- Bachelor, but preferably Master’s degree in mechatronics / software engineering
- Explicit experience in developing firmware for embedded systems, electronics engineering, and the application of these systems in a mobile product environment.
- Knowledge of compliance aspects in designing embedded systems for purpose of machine control and safety systems.
- Minimum 5+ years as a developer of embedded software and/or electronics engineering of embedded systems.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a lead embedded system platform architect.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project team management, risk management and/or change management.
- Excellent command of English, written and verbal.
- Preferably a third language such as Mandarin or German.
Skills and capabilities
- Strategic thinking and planning, able to convey both future directions and intermediate steps clearly.
- Open minded, involved, team oriented, creative and agile personality is much appreciated.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities allowing you to convince and influence different stakeholders.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Conflict resolution experience, and intercultural awareness.
- Proficiency in tools such as Jira, Confluence, Software AG or comparable.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to travel ~25% of time.
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application. The fields with * are mandatory.