Global Product Manager - Smart
Central to this role will be to develop and propose solutions that positively impact outcomes for our customers through data insights, software and service combinations. This key position will also be responsible for listening to the voice of our customer, capturing insights and formulating recommendations for process or product enhancements and improvements.
This positions reports direct to the Digital Platform Development Manager.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Define and continuously develop the business model behind the product.
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Create a product segmentation that addresses the customer segments in the markets clearly and drive a portfolio of products and services around the segments.
- Scope and prioritize product development activities based on business and customer impact, coming in from our market organizations.
- Develop product pricing strategy, and associated product positioning.
- Engage with the technical and regional product manager to get input on latest technologies and insights from the markets with real customer demand to build a customer driven product roadmap.
- Establish co-creation initiatives with real end-users / customers.
- Manage co-development tracks with 3rd party solution provides such for e.g. FMS and TMS suppliers, OEM’s.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in business/economics
- 10+ years’ experience in product management within IoT products and services and/or SaaS offerings within the trucking/automotive industry
- Has extensive experience in managing demand intake globally from many stakeholders, building roadmaps business on true business impact, driven from business cases and a clear product strategy.
- Experience in coordinating the launch of a new product in a market organization, coordinating a multi-functional team to launch or a new product or a release of an existing product.
- Change Management experience of introducing new business models, launching a new product line.
- Has extensive experience in conducting market studies, developing segmentation of customers and driving the product strategy in a commercial organization.
- Experience and certified as product owner (CSPO), with several years of practicing experience
- Has been in a customer facing role for the majority of their working life.
- A strong network in the commercial vehicle industry
- Throughout your professional career you have built a strong network with partners, competitors and customers in the industry.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit - with a view to business development.
- Demonstrating clear business development skills and strong stakeholder management.
- Business-oriented toward goals achievement and pro-active behavior.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate independently.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in multi-department environment as well as at all organization level (from front line to executive level)
English (written and fluently spoken)
Mandarin or German are highly desirable.
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application. The fields with * are mandatory.