In this role you will manage tax matters of Hyva entities, globally, together with the wider tax, finance and legal team. The role consists of working together with all stakeholders globally to manage Hyva’s activities hereby secure full tax compliance, providing ad hoc advisory and special projects support to the business. Specifically, to setup and visibility of the internal tax department to all stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
• Provide advice regarding transfer pricing (e.g intercompany transactions with regard to tangible property, intangible property, services, and financial transactions, management fees, royalty etc.). Assist with the preparation, review, and management of transfer pricing projects, documentation, and filings, including the coordination of services provided by external consultants;
• Provide tax technical support and integration support with respect to special projects such as; cross border transactions and group financing; support stakeholders in analyzing tax impact of changes in nature of businesses, locally.
• Preparation of local files and master files, in lines with OECD rules (currently outsourced). Preparation for the CBCR reporting with support from IT project and finance team
• Manage and coordinate tax audits and tax compliance life cycle (tax returns are generally outsourced);
• Support (EMEA) VAT processes; support VAT processes in new legal entity/country.
• Assist with coordination and set up of the tax risk management and tax control environment;
• Keep abreast of and act on new legislative tax developments and impact thereof on the company;
• Liaise with internal departments, tax authorities (mainly European tax authorities) and manage relationships with external tax advisors.
• Ensure establishment of the appropriate tax registrations and understanding of the tax landscape as part of the new market entry process
• Responsible for developing and implementing global tax policies / processes across the business
• Advise legal, commercial and wider management team on the tax structuring associated with complex domestic and cross border transactions;
• Provide tax and operational efficiencies with respect to Corporate Tax, Research & Development, Indirect Taxes (such as VAT, Withholding tax)
• Provide timely tax forecasting for inclusion in management accounts on quarterly basis and for annual budgeting process in all regions
• Cost effectively optimize the effective tax rate of the Group
• Ability to handle tax audit queries and negotiations with different tax authorities in the event of a dispute