New Product Development & Launch Project Manager - Smart
The Project Manager is the point person in charge for the new product development and launch within the organization. The Project Manager is responsible for direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
Working closely with the Global Product Manager, Technical Product Manager and Regional Product Managers aligning on the product roadmap, committing to timelines to deliver on the roadmap through various projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Managing and coordinating the projects throughout the entire life-cycle of the product(s).
- Manage projects of multiple key new product development projects by leading multidisciplinary team activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Establish work plan, budget and staffing for each phase of project and arrange for assignment of project personnel.
- Lead multi-disciplined team of professionals, among which Marketing, Supply Chain, After Sales, Sales across organization HQ and markets, to achieve project objectives.
- Identify and secure necessary resources, support and information from corporate, lead markets and outside sources.
- Manage & coordinate customer acceptance test (CAT) in conjunction with lead markets.
- Coordinate project design development efforts to achieve product required specifications.
- Prepare project status reports, including updated cost projections, as well as schedules for project including time to market.
- Identify changes in scope or differing conditions and secure appropriate change orders for project cost and time.
- Manage a variety of stakeholders from company executives to market teams in the execution of the project.
Professional qualification and experience
- Bachelor (HBO) degree in Engineering, preferably mechatronics.
- Explicit experience in New product development & introduction project management, preferably for IoT solutions, connected services or embedded software-based products applied in the mobility industry.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in managing NPD/I projects, in an international environment, spanning multiple regions/markets.
- Project management qualification PMI-PMP, Agile Project Management, preferably also SAFe RTE.
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project team management, risk management and/or change management.
- Excellent command of English, written and verbal.
- Preferably a third language such as Mandarin or German.
Skills and capabilities
- Open minded, involved, team oriented, creative and agile personality is much appreciated.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and can show a proven track record in coordinating and leading external and internal processes and projects.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities allowing you to convince and influence different stakeholders.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Conflict resolution experience, and intercultural awareness.
- Proficiency in tools such as Jira, Confluence, MS Projects.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to travel ~25% of time.
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application. The fields with * are mandatory.