Product Engineer - Electronics
In our Research and Development team in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, Hyva has a vacancy for a product engineer electronics, with strong analytical skills, for the further development and optimization of our container handling products. The engineer will be working in the development of container handling and he will make analysis for a wide variety of engineering challenges.
You will be working in a team of engineers in Hoogeveen/Alphen aan den Rijn and communicate with engineers in Italy, India and China. It is expected from the engineer to participate in every level of the system design with regard to electronics and software. The engineer will be involved in all facets of engineering and in a wide range of activities for support manufacturing, testing and after sales. You are prepared to travel occasionally to meet key customers, suppliers and the Hyva factories in Italy, China, India, Brazil and Germany. You also have the possibility to work from home up to 50% of your time and/or work from our test center in Hoogeveen. You will report to the R&D director.
Your key responsibilities would be to:
- Development of control systems
- Developing project specifications and requirements, often including engineering and multidisciplinary teams.
- Benchmark current options in the market and propose new conceptual options.
- Considering all implications of cost, safety and time constraints.
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Identify and control hazards in order to achieve an acceptable level of risk.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Making feasibility analysis. Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Working experience with PLC Hydraulics/pneumatics (not mandatory)
- Support patent activities (If required).
- Producing general and detailed 2D and 3D documentation
- Managing the project using engineering principles and techniques
- Report the different phases of the project.
- Present periodic updates of the project to the engineering team.
- Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans (FAT, SAT, CAT), including validation
- Create and/or oversee user manuals, documentation, training, and project evaluations.
Who are you?
Professional qualification and experience:
- (HBO / BSc / MSc) Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering.
- Languages knowledge:
- English (word and script)
- German (word and script) Plus
- Dutch (word and script) Plus
- Software knowledge:
- Autocad Electrical
- 3D software, preferred inventor.
- Matlab LabVIEW
- General Knowledge of Hydraulics/Electrical/Pneumatic systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar products
- English (word and script)
- Possesses a strong analytical aptitude
- Solution focused
- Shows an attention to detail
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Shows an ability to think logically. Mathematically inclined.
- Good problem-solving skills
- A team player
- Familiar with mobile electrical installations and mobile controllers
- Knowledge and / or affinity with Codesys, can read software (writing is an advantage)
- Knowledge of (mobile) hydraulic systems
- Knowledge related to Sensors and Actuators Integration
- Knowledge regarding controller integration/programming
- Able to code in high level programming language (embedded is a plus)
- Able to set up electro technical diagrams and installation drawings
- Able to work independently with a team, but also on a project basis
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application