In our Research and Development team in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, Hyva has a vacancy for a product engineer, with strong analytical skills, for the further development and optimization of our hydraulic components range. The engineer will be working in the development of hydraulic components (wetkits) and will make analysis for a wide variety of engineering challenges.
The engineer will be working in a team of engineers in Alphen aan den Rijn and communicate with engineers around the whole world. It is expected from the engineer to participate in every level of the system design. The engineer will be involved in all facets of engineering and in a wide range of activities for support manufacturing, testing and after sales.
You are prepared to travel occasionally to meet key customers, suppliers and the Hyva factories in Italy, China, India, Brazil and Germany. You will report to the team leader of Wetkit Engineering.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Developing project specifications and requirements, often including engineering and multidisciplinary teams.
• Compare the current options in the market and propose new conceptual options.
• Considering all implications of cost, safety and time constraints.
• Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling, CAD and basic FEM.
• Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
• Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
• Identify and control hazards in order to achieve an acceptable level of risk.
• Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
• Making feasibility analysis. Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
• Support patent activities (If required).
• Producing general and detailed 2D and 3D documentation.
• Managing the project using engineering principles and techniques.
• Present periodic updates of the project to the engineering team.
• Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
Professional qualification and experience:
• Technical education Bachelor required, Master or PhD in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Automotive Engineering or similar education, highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Hydraulics/Electrical/Pneumatic systems
• Knowledge of Electronics and controls.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in similar products
• knowledge of engineering techniques like QFD, DFA, DFM, DFMEA, ECR, FEA, 3D-CAD (Inventor)
• Fluent English (verbal and writing)
The candidate we are looking for:
• Possesses a strong analytical aptitude
• Shows an attention to detail
• Excellent technical knowledge
• Good communication skills
• Shows an ability to think logically
• Mathematically inclined.
• Good problem solving skills
• A team player
What do we offer?
A challenging position in a highly dynamic environment. Various projects and opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally. The function is full-time with competitive conditions.
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application