Project Manager Procurement
The Project Manager Procurement is responsible to ensure implementation of New Product Development (NPD) purchasing process on new projects and perform related tasks and activities, in close corporation with the Global Category Managers and the Category Buyers
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Drive implementation of the NPD Purchasing process on new projects.
- Manage purchasing related activities during product development (Supplier Selection, Contracts, Cost Management, Supplier relationship management etc.) and ensure deliverables readiness on time.
- Drive design to cost methodology on new products and contribute to cost definition and optimization.
- Collaborate with global-regional commodity buyers in defining and implementing sourcing strategy including sourcing new suppliers when needed.
- Collaborate with supplier quality to ensure PPAP implementation.
- Keep BOM Cost up to date during product development.
- Develop cost models where appropriate.
- Report and ensure correct cost evolution during product development.
- Report activity and present deliverables in gate reviews to stakeholders and top management.
- Work with plant purchasing to ensure the right hand over of projects and ramp-up.
- Initiate and drive cost savings initiatives on existing products when relevant.
- Keep ERP system updated with regard to purchasing related areas (cost, lead time etc.).
- Strong interface with R&D, Quality and Product Lines.
Professional qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business combined with some technical knowledge.
- 5+ years related working experience.
- Experience in Program Management, Materials/Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualification, or similar problem-solving/process improvement methodology.
- Solid experience as Project Buyer in Industrial environment.
- Experience with Purchasing Program Management in automotive industry or commercial vehicle is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated performance in working cross-functionally and/or within a matrixed organization.
- Excellent command of English, written and verbal.
- Experience of the New Product Development Process.
- Strong MS Office knowledge.
Skills and capabilities
- Process Oriented.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Good Presentation and Communication skills including top management.
- Able to drive change and influence stakeholders.
- Good reporting skills.
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application. The fields with * are mandatory.