Safety and Compliance Engineer
Hyva is looking for a Safety & Compliance Engineer to strengthen our digital R&D Team in Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands. You will be working in the development of on-board electronics and software systems and joining an interdisciplinary team of mechanical, hydraulics, electrical and software engineers. Together, you’ll be developing the next generations of highly efficient transport solutions for the commercial vehicle and environmental service industries.
Your main responsibility will be ensuring compliance to (machine) safety directives and global certification needs. It is expected that you will be contributing to all phases of the product development Providing safety expertise, guide component selection and manage global certification processes. You will also review specifications, maintain safety cases and planning and assist validation activites.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Define safety requirements and provide safety activity planning for new product developments
- Conduct and maintain all relevant parameters for the safety related parts of the control systems
- Ensure that product specifications adhere to all regulatory needs, required by the target markets
- Plan and manage global certification for new electronic components and systems
- Collaborate with development and validation teams
- Participate in review processes
- Identify industry best practices, tools & technologies
Education and experience
- (HBO / BSc / MSc) Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or Informatics.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role in the industry
- CMSE certified
- In depth and hands-on knowledge of all relevant processes, provided by ISO13849
- Experience with EN12999 is a plus
- Knowledge of certification activities for electronic components in global market
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application