Senior IoT Software Engineer
Hyva is on a continuous R&D journey to offer our clients of the best possible Hydraulic solutions.
Our R&D team is based at our HQ in the greater Amsterdam area in the Netherlands. There, they develop and turn innovative ideas to reliable solutions and products.
One of our development journey’s is building a cloud-based platform and taking advantage of the opportunities that IoT has to offer. As a result, there is an increasing R&D focus on electronics and all related software challenges.
To this end, our R&D team would welcome a creative, agile minded, senior IoT software engineer who will take a leading role in designing and developing the software needed to bring our product development ideas to life.
We offer you the opportunities for clean sheet designs and to grow together with your team in a successful international company. At Hyva, you will join a culture of continuous drive to create better products and develop new solutions at quite a fast pace.
You will be going to manage the software components for all our on-board units. Besides this, you will be carrying out projects for a variety of applications, such as safety, connectivity, machine monitoring and autonomous machine control, shifting physical and mechanical limits of machines and make the equipment more intelligent.
You understand the challenges of robust C++ software development in relation to the ambitious R&D development roadmap to deliver planned solutions on time. Besides solid C++ expertise and experience, you are very familiar with Embedded Linux systems, IoT Frameworks and Qt application development. You have good understanding of Telematic solutions and Real-time applications. Last but not least, we welcome functional safety and PLC expertise.
You will also be able to further develop your technical leadership skills as an engineer in this job. Based on your expertise, you will co-direct and ensure the required internal and external coordination regarding the software development work. Ultimately, R&D is teamwork. Internally, you work closely with the Digital Platform Manager, the System Architect and the Technical Product Managers. Externally, you are the point of contact for our partners regarding software technical issues and you monitor the progress and quality of the development work delivered. So, as always, good communication is key in this role too.
Are you up for this new challenge within an international, fast paced organization? And would you like to know more about this position?
Scroll further down or contact our Recruiter Alexander directly, +31 653 641 905.
Your key responsibilities would be to:
- Maintain all embedded software components, including PLC, HMI and Gateway devices
- Work closely with the product managers to build new features and fix issues
- Port existing software solutiuons to new hardware modules
- Collaborate with external development teams and stear design and implementation
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Making sure code is of highest quality by doing static and dynamic code analysis
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Providing technical support to teams within the organisation, and to external clients when required
- Assisting with systems integrations
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures of the embedded platform
- Develop and present general releases, service packs
Professional qualification and experience:
- BS in Computer Science, electrical engineering (with later SW specialization), or equivalent area of technical study
- 7-10 years of work experience in developing embedded systems with a focus on industrial, automotive and Internet of Things (IoT) applications
- Strong Knowledge on PLC environments
- Hands on experience working with C++ based applications
- Experience of working with Linux, Qt, Codesys
- Hands on experience working with automotive infrastructure (such as CAN)
- Experience with real time and functional safety applications
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Experience in multidisciplinary project team management
- Experience with automated testing
Skills and Capabilities:
- Open minded, involved, team oriented, creative and agile personality is much appreciated
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and can show a proven track record in coordinating and leading external and internal processes and projects
- Proven ability to work independently with the team Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Good communication skills and equally good command of English, written and verbal
- Sound decision-making and proven technical leadership capabilities allowing you to convince and influence different stakeholders.
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Conflict resolution experience, and intercultural awareness
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application