Global Category Manager Electronics & Digital Platform
Global Category Manager Electronics and Digital Platform
The Global Category Manager is responsible for the assigned global categories maximum supplier performance and global leverage to positively impact financial performance of Hyva business. Key focus:
- Define the global supply base.
- Developing and managing the commodity to achieve performance and financial goals and objectives as outlined in long range plans.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Globally responsible for electromechanical components, product related software and firmware development, and delivery.
- Responsible for outsourcing engineering capacity, partnerships in delivery of technology, etc.
- Define, together with the assigned local commodity buyers, your category strategy and implementation plan.
Professional qualification and experience:
- Bachelor degree in business or engineering field is required. An advanced business degree is preferred
- 10 plus years purchasing experience, preferably in related industries and markets.
- 5 years in a sourcing role - preferably in a global setting.
- Proven experience as category manager or similar role.
- Purchasing (CPM, CPI, APICS, etc.) and project management certifications are preferred.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Experience in matrixed procurement organization - including global team environments.
- Provides leadership for complex negotiations to the negotiation teams.
- Demonstrated experiences in Supplier Development program development and execution of programs in a commodity setting.
- Experience in working with global virtual teams/cross-functional teams.
- Working experience in engineering/manufacturing in your prior work environment would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
Skills and capabilities
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Able to influence people
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Understanding of project management skills and tools
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to quickly analyze data to determine where issues exist, and provide direction and oversight to resolve those issues - critical and quick thinking
- Good Cross-functional leadership skills
- English (verbal and written)
- Preferred another language
Please fill in the following fields in order to submit your application