Hyva Group is strongly committed to protecting personal data. This Recruitment Privacy Statement explains how Hyva Group gathers personal data about our (potential) job applicants, what this information is used for and who Hyva Group shares it with. It also sets out (potential) job applicants’ rights in relation to such information and who to contact for more information or queries.
This Recruitment Privacy Statement only applies to the personal data of job applicants, potential candidates for employment, interns and contractors. It does not apply to our employees, suppliers or customers or personal data that Hyva collects for other purposes.
Who decides what happens to your information?
When we refer to the “Hyva Group”, we mean Hyva Holding B.V. and its subsidiaries. For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the “controller” of any of your personal information is the company within the Hyva Group that you are interacting with or with whom your information has been shared. A “controller” is a company that decides why and how your personal information is processed.
Where this Recruitment Privacy Statement refers to “we”, “our” or “us”, unless it says otherwise, it is referring to the particular company within the Hyva Group that is the controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions or complaints about the way your personal information is processed, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out below, please contact us by one of the following means:
Post: For the attention of: GDPR Process Owner
Hyva Holding B.V.
Antonie van Leeuwenhoekweg 37,
2408 AK Alphen aan den Rijn,
Information we collect about you
The types of personal data that Hyva collects and ways it processes information depend on the requirements of the country for which you apply and not where your residence is.
This would normally include, but is not limited, to the following types of information:
· First and last name
· Date and place of birth
· Contact details
· IP address
· Work and educational history
· Other personal data you have actively provided. For example, by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone.
· Location details
· Information about your activities on our website
· Internet browser and type of device
Special and/or sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data can include ethnicity, health, trade union membership, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories as prescribed by law. We do not collect such data about a candidate unless required or permitted to do so by applicable laws (e.g. for the equal opportunity monitoring)
In order to assess suitability to carry out a role, a medical examination or pre-employment assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. This process is carried out by [a registered medical professional or company doctor]. Hyva will be informed about how the results of the medical examination relate to the requirements of the role.
For some roles, we are also required to carry out criminal records and background checks and other checks required by law, again, to assess suitability for the role.
It is our policy to collect only a minimum information level required to complete our task or your request.
Ways of collecting information about you
We get personal data as part of the online application and/or through other venues (e.g., via professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, Hyva employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
How do we use information about you?
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes referred to in this Recruitment Privacy Statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- to find and evaluate candidates for employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- to keep records of recruiting and hiring;
- to ensure compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- to conduct criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
- to protect our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or
- in emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
We may also analyze your personal data or aggregated/pseudonymized data to improve our recruitment and hiring process and augment our ability to attract successful candidates.
We rely on one or more of the following conditions to process your personal information:
· where required to perform an employment or similar contract with you or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you;
· if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose by providing your consent;
· our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights), including for the following purposes:
o to correspond and communicate with you
o to create a better understanding of you as a visitor of this website
o to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes
o for efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems (for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we or our group companies hold about you)
o for the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities
o for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access
o to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this in order to be able to comply with your request)
o to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings
o for general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
· to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally-accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to your personal information on the need-to-know basis. Such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
As Hyva Group is a global organization with entities around the world, your personal data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers located by recruiters and interviewers working in different countries within Hyva. Individuals performing administrative functions and IT personnel within Hyva may also have a limited access to your personal data to perform their jobs.
A list of the countries in which Hyva Group entities are located can be found on our website. It includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information. We have put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure the best protection of your personal data also in such cases.
Third party service providers
We share your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. These parties include banks, insurers, accountants, consultants and subcontractors. We use third party service providers to provide a recruiting software system. We also share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
How do we transfer and store information about you?
We maintain processes designed to ensure that any transfer or processing of personal data within Hyva Group or by third party service providers is consistent with this Recruitment Privacy Statement and protects the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your personal data.
Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
· if the recipient is in a country (or a specified sector within a country – for example, an organization under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield) that the European Commission recognizes as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data
· under standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or other safeguards meeting the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation for transfers of personal data outside the EEA.
We may make use of cloud applications to store your data. Your personal data may be processed on our behalf by another service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. Where external service providers are used, we have contracts in place with the vendors that require them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
How long will we keep information about you?
If you get employed by us, all relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific local requirements. If we do not employ you, we may desire to retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities. In such an event, we will seek your consent, either prior to or after you formally apply for a job.
In all cases personal data may be held for a) a longer period of time where there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so (in which case it will be deleted once no longer required for the legal or regulatory purpose) or b) a shorter period where the individual objects to the processing of their personal data and there is no longer a legitimate purpose to retain it.
Your rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have the following rights:
· to request a confirmation of whether we are processing any personal data on you, and a copy of the personal information we hold about you
· to ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
· to ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
· to object to our processing of your personal information
· to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing)
· to ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in structured, commonly used and machine readable form (where our processing is based on your consent or a need in connection with your contract).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you want to unsubscribe from any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in (for example, mailing lists or any registrations) you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the relevant digital platforms or in the relevant communications to you. If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that such communications cease.
Third party links
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the GDPR Process Owner or your local data protection regulator if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit that regulator’s website for further details. You may contact our GDPR Process Owner to assist you in identifying that regulator. Please note that the regulator may recommend that steps are taken to resolve the matter with the Hyva Group before involving the regulator itself.
Changes to this Recruitment Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time by publishing an updated version. The new modified or amended Recruitment Privacy Statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
This Recruitment Privacy Statement was last modified 9 August 2018.